Meet the Experts is a series from Carrot highlighting the healthcare professionals helping our Carrot members every day. From OB-GYNs to doulas, reproductive endocrinologists, and mental health professionals, Carrot members have unlimited access to Carrot Experts through our comprehensive fertility and pregnancy telehealth platform.
Name: Robyn Shapiro, MFT, RN
Area(s) of Expertise: Psychotherapy
Years of Experience: 30+
- Registered nurse with clinical specialization and experience in adult psychiatry
- Trauma-trained psychotherapist with experience treating mood, thought, and substance use disorders
- Managed an Adlerian in-patient adult psychiatric unit
- Transitioned into a successful 20+ year career in executive sales leadership in the healthcare/medical device space where I built and led sales teams
- Extensive experience treating the LGBTQ+ community as a Gender Therapist in the clinical setting
- Founded Breakthrough Executive Coaching, LLC
What’s your favorite thing about your job?
My favorite thing about my work is helping people change their perspective of themselves, their abilities, their potential, and inspire them to create a life they will love. When people transform themselves, they transform the world.
Using my background in neuroscience, neurobiology, and evidence-based, empirically supported practices, I help people understand why they think, react, and behave as they do. Once they truly understand the reasons behind their behavior and motivation, we can change the unconscious ways they have held themselves back.
I also often incorporate the Jewish concept of “Tikkun Olam,” which means repairing the world. I like to think that I repair the world, one person at a time.
What do you do for fun?
Since I live in Southern California, I love spending time at the beach with my husband and puppy. I also enjoy Pilates workouts on my Reformer, hiking, visiting with friends, and international travel. I’m always engaged in continuing education, which allows me to keep growing personally and professionally while having fresh and incisive perspectives to offer my clients.
- Early on, my sport was fencing because it’s cerebral, and requires focus, attention, and strategy — and it’s super fun!
- Twenty years ago, I moved across the country after deciding that living in Southern California would be an outstanding adventure. And then made it happen!
If you’re a Carrot member, log in to schedule time to talk to one of our Experts today.